Are you searching for a low-carb yummy and quick breakfast recipe? Then hold on, here it is!
Keto Banana Nut Muffins are the best breakfast treat without adding carbs from banana! These muffins have the perfect crumb because of Greek yogurt and almond flour in its recipe. Just try out this recipe of fluffy and soft muffins and you’ll definitely fall in love with these Keto Banana Nut Muffins!
Secret Ingredient to Make These Muffins Low-Carb
The secret ingredient for making these muffins low-carb is banana extract. At first, I thought that the extract will taste artificial but after tasting these muffins my concept got totally change because its flavor is just like traditional banana bread!
One Bowl Baking
As all my keto baking recipes, this recipe also requires just one bowl… combine all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir them, then mix in the wet ingredients into it and fold in the walnuts. Simple!
If you don’t like to add walnuts, you can surely skip them. I add them just for some crunch!
Prepare Your Muffin Tin
Must use cupcake liners and spray the inside of cupcake liners with cooking spray. So the muffins will not stick onto the liners.
The Trick for Same Sized Muffins and Cupcakes
Use a quarter (1/4) cup ice-cream scoop (or kitchen scoop) so that you muffins will be of same size. And that’s so easy to scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
Keto Banana Nut Muffins
Keto banana nut muffins are the best breakfast treat without adding carbs from banana! These muffins have the perfect crumb because of Greek yogurt and almond flour in its recipe. Just try out this recipe of fluffy and soft muffins and you’ll definitely fall in love with these keto banana nut muffins!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Author: Hit Recipes
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 Cup Granular Sweetener
- 3 Large Eggs
- 8 Ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Banana extract
- 1/2 Cup Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray the inside of the muffin liners with cooking spray.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and granular sweetener, in a large mixing bowl.
- Then mix in the eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and banana extract.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts. (Skip this step if you are not using walnuts).
- Using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop or kitchen scoop, fill the muffin cups. (This batter will be the perfect amount for 12 muffins).
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes. (Until a toothpick will come out clean).
- Let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before serving.
- Greek Yogurt: Use Fage 2% plain Greek Yogurt because it has 5 carbs per 1 cup.
- Freezing Procedure: After cooling the muffins for 10 minutes, put the whole muffin tin in the freezer and let the muffins freeze for 2 hours. Take out the muffins and from the freezer and remove them from the muffin tin and put them in a freezer safe bowl or bag. Can be kept freezing for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 3g